Saturday, 27 December 2008

Identity Crisis

The Part of You That No One Sees is Troubled


You are compassionate, caring, and soothing.
You like other people to depend on you...
In fact, you don't feel right unless you are helping someone out.

Underneath it all, you feel the burden of everyone's problems.
Without your guidance, you fear that many people's worlds would fall apart.
You like to feel in charge, even if it brings you a lot of stress.

What's the Part of You That No One Sees?

I just completed an online personality test (see above) a few minutes ago. The verdict: Troubled is what I am. That quiz surmised that yet-to-be-proven fact about myself after I completed one graphical question by selecting an image from a collection of colourful pictures that appealed to me the most. And just by executing that single simple step, I would know the *supposedly* real story about my 'true inner self'. How quaintly ironic.

I've had my fair share of participation in this sort of online quizzes back in the time when I believed online-quizzes should have been a part of the Seven World Wonders. Ha, go figure. Well, time has changed...and thankfully, so have I. So at the present time, all these mass-produced generic whatchamacallits we see on the net don't hold any appeal to me any longer.

Somehow though, today the online test has successfully lured me into doing a Q & A session after many years of online quiz abstinence. Gotta give it to whomever-the-quiz-creator-is for the great-but-not-so Marketing approach *applause*. This quiz got my full blast attention by first telling me about all the good stuff about moi (which I don't mind really...ahem), then moved in for the kill by spilling about the dark side of me (I plead not guilty, Your Honor)...and this particular crucial part of its modus operandi is what could potentially evoke me to re-do this test over and over and over and over and over...well you get my drift. Anyways, this must be somekind of a genius marketing strategy or...a crazy commercial plan.

P.S. Oh, here I am...talking and over-analyzing about this matter. I guess that goes to show that the quiz verdict might be right to a certain extent after all--I am troubled.

0 contengan: