Friday, 11 July 2008

Top 10 Excuses: If You Get Caught Sleeping at Work

Penah rasa mengantuk yang paling teramat terlampau masa keja kat ofis? Me..? Well, been there done that. Back then when I was in the industry la.

Selalunya when I was working in the office, I'd feel so unbearably sleepy that I'd really wanted to zonk out at my desk then and there...especially after lunchtime bila rasa macam mata digam dengan super glue. Maybe I didn't get enough sleep (tapi salunya terlebih tido adalah), or perhaps the job I had was the perfect embodiment of ennui (ok ok, it was not that boring). Or, maybe I was feeling extremely drained out (tapi slalunya mula rasa ngantok bila baru lepas makan lunch masa ya...). Hmm...kali kepak gilak ginyak nasik kali. Haha.

Anyways folks, I've found some "useful" excuses from some websites...something you could use as an excuse when you get caught sleeping at your desk at work.

1. "They told me at the blood bank this might happen."
2. "This is just a 15 minute power-nap like they raved about in that time management course you sent me to."
3. "Whew! Guess I left the top off the white-out (liquid paper). You probably got here just in time!"
4. "I wasn't sleeping! I was meditating on the mission statement and envisioning a new paradigm." (this really cracks me up...bijak betol)
5. "I was testing my keyboard for drool resistance."
6. "I was doing a highly specific Yoga exercise to relieve work-related stress. Are you discriminatory toward people who practice Yoga?" (haha)
7. "Why did you interrupt me? I had almost figured out a solution to our biggest problem." (I like this one...turning the tables on your boss. Heheh)
8. "The coffee machine is broken..."
9. "Someone must've put decaf in the wrong pot..."
10. " ...... AAMIIN!" (kononnya baru abis berdoa lah tek :P)

I love these excuses..they're ultra-funny :D. If your boss has a sense of humour...who knows...maybe he/she will let you off the hook after you get caught sleeping at work. Good luck ;)

2 contengan:

Jessen Tan said...

hahaha :D
don't mind if i use #1

regds....jessen

Zatil said...

Yea, the excueses are hilarious eh. Well, I'd choose # 4 & 5..they're more believable.